Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bipolar 101

Expert Author Sylvia Rolfe
Mania is something those of us with bipolar gladly welcome (at least most of the time.) Afterall, who doesn't love having unlimited energy, the need to never sleep and the greatest mood ever?!
Well, it can sound pretty great, and like it would be an amazing time but in reality it can be a very scary time. Your judgement is off. I mean really off. You cannot sleep no matter how much you try. Focus, well, what's focus? Did you really want to concentrate on something, anything? As I was saying, it can send your focus out the window.
Other than those little issues it's great.
You've got enough energy to do everything that you were unable to do well you were in a depressive episode. ou can accomplish anything you put your mind to if you focus hard enough.
So mania really is a bipolar person's best friend. It gives you a chance to catch up on the world you missed out on while depressed.
Mania has now entered my world again. How do I know? Well it's quite simple. Other than my husbands assurances that I am in fact in a manic episode I've noticed the differences myself.
Sleep, gone. Can't sleep no matter what. I toss and turn and my brain simply won't turn off. So many things to do, so many thoughts racing, not enough time, not enough time.
Eating, yeah. Lots of it. I'm kinda reverse the normal though. Most of us eat during depressive episodes. I eat when I am manic. I find myself famished at all times of the day. Like I couldn't get enough food in my stomach if I tried. Simply hungry. So hungry.
Sex drive. Yup, that's increased too. If my life allowed it I would have sex all day and night. Enough said on that topic though.
Activity level? Through the roof. I feel like I could run a marathon. The dogs are tired from me, instead of me being tired from them. My exercise regime, my way to keep my mental stability during the depression, is more than blossoming. Tons of energy, super amounts of exercise. Feeling alive. Great.
Mindframe changed. That's right. Things that seemed impossible just a week ago seem like simply easy to do tasks today. Stuff that I could do in my sleep (while, stuff I could do in my sleep, if I could in fact sleep.)
And the symptoms go on. I know it'll be a good week or couple of weeks dependent on the duration of the mania, but like it always does, I know there will be a crash and I will be plunged back into darkness again. Until then though, welcome back mania, good to see you again.
Looking to discover more about bipolar syndrome and mania? Be sure to check out http://www.MyBipolarWorld.com

No comments:

Post a Comment